A friend of Dom’s looked through this site and said: “Okay, now what is everyone supposed to do?”
If Dominik has indeed been given a mission, perhaps this is how it continues through his friends, old and new….
- Stay open to the wonder
- Receive–and offer–comfort through the Chaplet of Divine Mercy prayer
- Be intentional about gathering with friends in person
- Respond to the needs around you with works of mercy in your own place and circumstances. We’d love to hear all about it!
Works of Mercy for which the Petteys are deeply grateful….
- Prayers at the cemetery for–and with–Dominik
- Prayer to the Holy Spirit
- The Dominik Pettey ’15 Memorial Scholarship Fund at Gonzaga College High School
- Study Buddy
- Sacred Heart Camp
- Apparently, Dom Day continues
- Song: “Hockey Boy
“I remember one day which was for me a particularly bad one. Dom was out of our entire [gym] class the one person that recognized that and really took some time to ask me about it, and for that I was truly grateful…. I know Dom had recently had his appendix removed and I had been struggling with the loss of my grand [parent]. Despite his recent operation, Dom was ever active and still had a knack for cheering me up…he offered his phone number and the invitation to hang out more.” -Gonzaga Classmate